Thanksgiving in May?
“I thank my God in all my remembrance of you.” Philippians 1:3
We have almost made it to the end of the school year, and I have been finding myself reflecting on all the blessings that God has given me this year.
I am thankful…
- That we were able to safely open in August for in person learning
- That God has continued to keep Immanuel Lutheran Church and School relatively healthy allowing us to stay open for the entire year.
- For our teachers who have worked tirelessly since last March adjusting to ever changing Covid protocols and excelling in what they do best: Sharing Christ’s love with HIS most precious lambs.
- For the parents of Immanuel Lutheran School for their trust and support of the administration, faculty and staff as we made difficult decisions regarding the school year. It is truly a blessing to have such a wonderful partnership with the families of Immanuel.
- For a supportive congregation. It is amazing to have a congregation that views the school as a mission and ministry of the church. What a blessing to have a Christian Day School where Christ is preached on a daily basis.
I am especially thankful for the leadership, friendship, and mentoring that I have received from Diana Meers. Mrs. Meers is set to retire at the end of June and it has truly been a blessing to work alongside her for the past 6 years. I praise God for her 26 years of God-filled service at Immanuel. Her kindness and giving heart will be missed in the school hallways next year. While Mrs. Meers will be missed, I know that she will also enjoy more time with family and I can’t wait to hear of her adventures in retirement.
Finally and most importantly I am thankful for Christ’s steadfast and unchanging love. He has guided us through a difficult year. He has truly been our Immanuel… “God with us.”