Immanuel Lutheran Church & School 175th Anniversary Cookbook
Immanuel Lutheran Church and School is creating a custom cookbook featuring favorite recipes from our members, alumni and school families. These cookbooks will be professionally published and are sure to be a treasured keepsake for us all.
Please submit some of your favorite recipes so you can be represented in our cookbook. Many recipes from all members will ensure that our cookbook is a success. We are using Morris Press Cookbook’s website to easily submit recipes online. If you need to submit written recipes, there are paper forms in the church office.
Deadline to submit recipes has been extended to Monday, November 13!
To Submit Recipes Online:
- Go to www.typensave.com and click ‘Login.’
- Enter the User Name: Immanuelcookbook
- Enter the password: blender324 and click ‘Submit.’
- Enter your name and click ‘Continue.’
- Click ‘Add Recipes’ to begin adding your recipes.
- When submitting your First Name and Last Name, please include your Maiden Name, if applicable. If you are an Immanuel alumni, in the Additional Contributor line, you may include the year you graduated Immanuel (ex: Class of 1985).
Recipe Writing Tips:
- When adding recipes, review the “Tips” and use standard abbreviations.
- Only enter 1 ingredient per ingredient line.
- List ingredients in order of use in the ingredients list and directions.
- Include container sizes, e.g., (16-oz.) pkg., (24-oz.) can.
- Write directions in paragraph form, not in steps.
- Use names of ingredients in the directions, e.g., “Combine flour and sugar.” DO NOT use statements like, “Combine first three ingredients.”
- Include temperatures and cooking, chilling, baking, and/or freezing times.
- Additional comments about the recipe (history, nutritional data, suggested uses, etc.) are not allowed unless a “Recipe Note” field is visible. Enter extra recipe content in that field.