We had a great time at Stellar VBS 2023!
Watch our recap video below!
In Sunday school, we do a large group, small group environment for our K - 5th grade kids beginning in the gym every Sunday. After an opening segment (20 minutes-half hour), kids will split into mixed-age small groups that vary based on the week with an adult leader to guide them through discussions and an activity. Parents will pick their children up in the preschool hallway at 10:25 a.m.
Why are we doing it this way?
By creating small groups that vary by the day, adult leaders have more flexibility within their teaching schedule, and they have more opportunities to get to know each child in Sunday School. Mixed-age groups promote different learning opportunities for each age group while they work together. Older kids have more ways to lead and be guides for younger kids, and the younger ones might see a problem solved in a different way than an older kid.
Little Blessings (Birth through Preschool Age)
Join us for Little Blessings at 9:30 a.m. on Sunday mornings! Little Blessing is a program to help nurture a child's faith as well as help educate and support parents in the role as faith mentors to their children. Join us for an hour of faith-building and fellowship for parents and children age birth-preschool. Meet in Room 106 in the preschool hallway.
Interested in being an adult leader?
Here’s what DCE Maggie will be doing for you to walk alongside you:
- Providing ample resources in a timely manner
- Offering training opportunities
- Praying regularly for you!
- Honoring your time as a leader
- Recognize, support, and affirm your work
Volunteers, here’s what you would be doing:
- Reviewing materials provided so that you’re ready for the kids
- Acting as engaging and caring leaders for kids.
- Praying and caring for the kids of Immanuel
- Being an example in studying the Bible and devotion