“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” Jeremiah 29:11
Thank you all so much for the warm welcome my family and I have received! We are so blessed to be here. I am honored to serve as your new Assistant Principal.
Peace of God Surpasses All understanding:
“Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:6-7, as I pray with these verses regularly, God has shown his mighty power throughout my life.
- My husband, David, and I were born and raised in Bloomington, MN (we are high-school sweethearts, but we went to rival high schools).
- Both of us attended Concordia University-Nebraska. I majored in Education (6-12th Language Arts and Speech/Drama/Communications) while he became a DCE.
- David’s first call took us to Hilton Head Island, SC. Where I taught 8th & 9th Grade English and 8th Grade Grammar at Hilton Head Christian Academy.
- After 2 years serving on Hilton Head, we were called to Faith ‘Viera’ Lutheran Church in Viera, Florida.
- I spent one year teaching in the public school then began teaching at Sculptor Charter School as their Drama teacher/director where I taught for 13 years.
- We have one daughter, Johanna, who is in 6th grade (Mrs. Wehling’s class).
- We have one dog, Cosmo, and Johanna has a cat named Nala.
- Together our family enjoys watching movies and we love trying new restaurants, foods and going on family day-trips to local fun spots.
- My favorite Bible verses are Philippians 4:6-7 and Psalm 19:14
Why Leave Florida?
It seems to be the question we are asked most often, and honestly our family truly felt God calling us to serve with you here! We trust in God’s plans and in His perfect timing and He laid the plans before us! We are looking forward to seeing (and feeling) the change of seasons (although we admit we are not prepared for the cold).
I am so excited to be a part of the growth that is about to happen here at Immanuel! With the purchase of the new space, I can only imagine what God has planned for our Immanuel family and the community of St.Charles and the surrounding area. As 1 Samuel 12:24 says, “Only fear the Lord and serve him faithfully with all your heart. For consider what great things he has done for you.”
Gail Pererson says
May the Lord bless you as you enter this new phase of your life!
Mark Brink says
God’s blessings to the Timmerman’s, Florida’s loss and Immanuel’s gain!