Welcome to Immanuel Lutheran School in Saint Charles, MO! Immanuel Lutheran School is a Christian parochial school, grades Preschool through Grade 8, and is part of the mission activity of Immanuel Lutheran Church. For over 160 years (established in 1848), Immanuel Lutheran School has been a continuous and significant educational resource in our community.
Immanuel Lutheran School exists to provide an excellent educational opportunity in a Christ-centered environment helping children grow in their relationship with Jesus Christ. We believe that parents, educators, and students share the responsibility to foster a climate in which students can achieve their highest levels of academic performance while developing their social and interpersonal skills needed to become responsible Christian members of society.
The Lutheran faith is taught in religion classes and integrated into all subjects. To best develop the God given gifts and talents of each individual student, Immanuel Lutheran School is committed to high academic standards as well as excellence in teaching and learning. Achievement involves developing the ability to solve problems, participate actively in learning, and acquiring the basic skills to progress to higher levels of academic understanding. Immanuel Lutheran School maintains a Christian focus in every aspect of its operation.
The Immanuel Lutheran School community strives to develop individuals whose lives manifest God’s grace and forgiveness at all times. We believe that faith in Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior builds strong character and establishes a core value system that allows students to be confident, responsible, and cooperative so that they may deal with life’s challenges and blessings. Parents, educators, and students of Immanuel Lutheran School are equipped and challenged to serve as intellectual and moral leaders in the community, demonstrating the ability to live and serve to God’s glory.
FAITH IN ACTION
We at Immanuel Lutheran Church and School are committed to the Triune God: Father, who created and cares for us; Son, the Lord Jesus Christ, who died and rose to redeem us from sin, death, and Satan; and Spirit, who calls, enlightens, empowers and keeps us in the true faith. We are committed to Jesus Christ, His teachings, and His principles for Christian living.
The purpose of Immanuel Lutheran School is to provide a Christian education that nurtures children of the congregation and community. Immanuel Lutheran School is a partnership of staff and parents.
This partnership in education exists to enable students to find identity, purpose, and power for their life through faith in Christ. By regular study of God's Word, students will live in grace and grow in the knowledge of Jesus Christ as the Son of God and only Savior of the world.
Our Christian educational program will provide experiences for each child to grow spiritualy, aesthetically, emotionally, intellectually, physically, and socially. Immanuel Lutheran School strives to educate the whole child to be a successful and responsible Christian citizen.
As God's children...
- We center our education in Christ through the study of His word and in the power of the Holy Spirit.
- We grow with love and care for classmates, parents, teachers and all mankind as members of God's family as we have opportunity to live and practice the Christian life in this community.
- We work to develop the unique talents God has given each of us through the study of math, social science, language, arts, physical education, science, computer education, outdoor education, religion, choral and instrumental music, athletics, and programs of remediation and enrichment.
- We worship weekly on Sunday and at chapel services to praise the Lord from our hearts with voices, choirs, handbells and instrumental music.
- We enjoy play together in interscholastic and intramural sports including: volleyball, basketball, and soccer.
- We offer extended care before and after the school day.
- We have a staff of certified Christian teachers who share their faith with students on a daily basis.
- We have regular and frequent communication with parents through Parent-Teacher conferences, mid-quarter and quarter progress reports, phone calls, and personal contact.
Staff at Immanuel Lutheran School includes 32 teachers, a special education teacher, counselor, early childhood director, extended care director, athletic director, music director, principal and assistant principal, administrative assistant and clerical staff.
The main school building contains 26 air conditioned classrooms, computer lab, science lab, cafeteria, gym, library, art room, resource room, and offices and playground. Other buildings on site include the children's center, fellowship hall, Lutheran Center, and sanctuary.
Immanuel Lutheran School, Saint Charles, Missouri, admits children of any race, color, national or ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, athletic and other school administered programs.
Immanuel Lutheran School limits its class size as follows:
- Three Year Old Preschool - 15 per session (with teacher's aide) early drop off and extended care available
- Four Year Old Preschool - 20 per session (with teacher's aide) early drop off and extended care available
- Kindergarten - 20 per classroom (three classrooms per grade) full day and half day sessions available
- Grades 1 through 3 - 22 per classroom (two classrooms per grade)
- Grades 4 through 8 - 25 per classroom (two classrooms per grade)
For additional information, please visit our other sites herein, or contact our school office:
- By Mail: 115 S 6th St Saint Charles, MO 63301
- By Phone: (636) 946-0051
- By Fax: (636) 946-0166
- By E-mail: Immanuel Lutheran School
Refer to Our Location
for a street and campus map.